A 100% natural healthy low cost high fibre food that’s often ignored in place of highly processed expensive boxed breakfast cereal alternatives.
- Oats are good for the heart and libido. They lower blood pressure, absorb toxins, scour artery walls.
- Oats are high in complex carbohydrates and soluble fibre, which means they release energy slowly. A bowl of Oatmeal should provide all the energy you need until lunchtime.
- Oats have a low glycaemic index (GI) which means they release glucose into the body more slowly and evenly, leaving you feeling fuller for longer. Which means you’re less likely to ‘snack’ on unhealthy foods.
- Oatmeal is rich in soluble fibre, which has been shown to lower blood cholesterol. High cholesterol occurs when fat builds up and constricts the arteries, reducing blood flow to the heart.
- Eating oats can improve blood flow and bind to cholesterol in the gut, aiding its removal from the body. Scientists think the cholesterol-lowering effects of oats are due to the oat soluble fibre beta-glucan.
- High-fibre foods such as Oatmeal increase the movement of food through the digestive tract and hence prevents constipation. This increased bowel action provides a good environment for beneficial bacteria in the gut to ferment while decreasing levels of destructive bacteria.