This is a simple fail safe way of making rice. Plain boiled rice is a food staple. It’s cheap, nutritional and easy to make. Don’t waste money with pre-cooked supermarket rice or boil in the bag. Boil your own rice.
I recommend using Basmati Rice as it’s has a lovely aromatic flavour, is fluffy and easy to cook. However, you can use any rice you like as the cooking steps are the same for all types of basic rice.
- 1/4 Cup of Basmati Rice per person
- Use approximately 2.5 times the amount of water as amount of rice.
- Boil water in a saucepan
- When boiling, add rice and stir
- Bring water back to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour rice into a collander
- Wash rice with fresh boiling water to remove the starch and place colander over empty saucepan.
- Place a sheet of kitchen paper over the rice and leave to stand for about 4 minutes. This allows for some of the remaining to evaporate.
- Stir rice to loosen and serve.